Saturday, January 10, 2009

"He Be Doin What He Gotta Do"



Mannnnn!!! I remember the first time I saw this dude. I was like, "Who is this Memphis Bleek lookin' dude named Wale(Whale)?" I didn't even give him a chance. I believe a good... 2 months passed,then finally, I watch his video for the song "Artistic Integrity" and half way through the song I was like "Yoooooooo!, this is dude is the truth". That same hour(not day) I downloaded every free mixtape of his that I could find. Through the mixtapes I also learned that his name was Wale(Wah-lay), not Whale or Wall-e(the little robot), who he happens to be standing with in the picture above...haha. I was immediately drawn to his laid back, witty, fresh style of rhyming from the second I heard "Never will I ever utter never to myself..." It was almost like hearing "Check the Rhyme" for the first time. In a sense it was like second wind for the long running genre we as "Hip Hop". The best thing about him is he is bringing something new to the table. Something substantial and not just a open introduction to the most current fad in his area. I know that in the Bay we where Nike's, Jay's, and Vans, but he is doing his own thing reppin' with the "Nike Boots" movement {(On his Scott Storch shh!!! stayin' clear of Timbalands(Timberlands)}. This DMV(D.C.,Maryland,Virginia) representative has definitely got my vote. D.C. is making a lot of moves in 2009. So,make sure you keep supporting two dudes I personally vouch for, Barack Obama and Wale....fade... To Black

"Nike Boots Video"

No comments:

Post a Comment