Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tell Me Have Muhsinah (Mu-see-nah)?



"Once Again" this "Discovery" is for the "Millions" who can no longer "Gogh" without the needed "Construction" of new music....haha (These are a few song titles off the album, "The Oscillations" by Muhsinah)

Sooooo.... I have to be the most bugged out blogger ever. How could I possibly start a blog stating, that I would put you guys up on the artist that I have grown to love without mentioning the one person who seems to constantly make me fall in love with her from a distance? A distance that only sound waves can make its way through. I'm talking about the phenom from our nations capital (D.C.). The one artist whose name you can never pronounce correctly but her melodic tones will have you uttering her words verbatim. Yesssss!!! You guessed it! MUHSINAH! I love everything about her and from the second I saw her I knew there was something different (meaning special) about her. She came into my life via Schememag.com, where I stumbled across her photography and said, "She is different looking". Little did I know, I would go on to listen her entire LP. I mean, there isn't enough I can say about this young woman. From her ability to place a strong vocabulary with intricate wordplay over baselines and sampled sounds is simply mind blowing. (Recognize that what I just stated was all based on her musically abilities). Her humble heart and aspirations to be something that you have never seen before is prevalent. I can't even watch a YouTube video of hers without wanting to go pick up an iTunes gift card and getting copy of her latest project ("The Oscillations", by the way, "Billieclub" is my favorite joint). Some of you big time Common fans like myself, may recognize her from the recent Common and N.E.R.D. tour, where she opened each show and played keys with the band. I know I sound as if I'm super on her jock but, it's for a good reason. Like I always say, "Don't be a follower when she blows up, climb aboard NOW!!!" I know it's hard enough just coming to my blog and reading so, here is a video of hers called "Construction", enjoy it and continue to support new artist so, music can continue to thrive from the relics of yester years...haha....fade...To Black

1 comment:

  1. she's deep her voice is unique and fresh if i her one more person do a song wit a auto-tune ima stop listening to music all together, its pass due for real music

    ReplyDelete